Lung cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in the developed world. Mostly more than 80% of lung cancers are caused by smoking tobacco or by indirect exposure to tobacco smoke or passive smoking. The other main causes are breathing industrial chemicals such as asbestos, arsenic and polycyclic hydrocarbons or the natural radioactive gas, radon.
Like most cancers, the risk of lung cancer increases with age. It means that the longer you smoke, the greater your risk. The most common age of diagnosis is between 70 and 74 and its very few cases are diagnosed in people under 40.
The fact indicates that, smokers and non smokers get lung cancer. The bad news is there are smokers who don’t get it. Early signs of lung cancer are very essential for them. In Fact, fifty percent of persons who develop cancer of the lungs are previous smokers, and fifteen percent are for non-smokers.
Lung Cancer has many symptoms. Sometimes all of them are associated with other illness that has no connection with lung cancer. You should be aware, since lung cancer is in early stage not shows any symptoms at all. The following are the early signs of lung cancer:
* Shortness of breathAnother regular early sign of lung cancer is briefness of breath which you can only observe with activity.
* Coughs that do not go away coughing are the most common of lung cancer symptoms that experienced by 75% of patients. Hemoptysis or coughing out blood is an ordinary sign of lung tumor, but may be fairly delicate and you can observe only little quantity of blood traced phlegm if you cough. If you suffer continual cough, consult your physician and look for second opinion if you can not get an apparent reply.
* Chest pain or pain in the abdomenAlmost fifty percent of persons with lung cancer suffer some chest pain or aches in the shoulder in time of the findings, particularly aches that increase during breathing and coughing.
* Repeated illnesses like bronchitis and pneumoniaRecurring infections can be because of constant smoking or situation like COPD; however, they may also cause early sign of lung tumor.
* Any unusual signs or common decline in healthApparently dissimilar signs, like knee pain can be a premature sign of lung lung cancer symptoms will shows after 10 years or even more. And when it does, lung cancer stage is already advanced and hard to treat. So should be aware on early signs of lung cancer.